What’s the most effective teeth whitening system?
If one is looking for faster results, dental office teeth whitening systems are very effective. In office teeth whitening procedures are more predictable, effective and safe. Dentists usually offer both take home and in-office teeth whitening procedures.
There are multiple teeth whitening toothpastes, whitening strips and other products available in the market. They all work to only some extent. But when it comes to value for money; one cannot beat in-office teeth whitening procedure.
One hour of your time and up to 8 shades whiter.
Zoom teeth whitening procedure is one of the best teeth whitening systems. It is quick, safe and most importantly effective. In an hour, one can get their teeth up to 8 shades lighter. It is light activated. Light activates the whitening material on teeth and gets faster results. Philips claims that 90% of their test subjects felt no to little sensitivity.
Sensitivity after the procedure is the most common side effect of all teeth whitening systems. Even though there is less chance of post-operative sensitivity; relief acp gel is applied to reduce it as well. Some dentists recommend using high fluoride tooth paste for 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Long lasting
- Excellent results
- no whitening procedure can whiten crowns/veneers
- Pregnant ladies cannot get zoom whitening
What to expect at the dental consultation for whitening?
- Dentist will recommend complete dental exam. If you have any cavities or severe gum disease, you may not be a candidate for zoom whitening.
- Dentist will recommend teeth cleaning. Before you spend your money in whitening, you must make sure that your teeth have been cleaned recently.
- Dentist will recommend high fluoride anti-sensitivity tooth paste for 2 weeks prior to whitening appointment.
- Size of your teeth will be measured at initial visit to make whitening trays for future use.
For whitening strips:
- one can buy those strips and follow the instructions on using them. Most of these strips are supposed to be worn for 20-40 minutes.
- Results vary with whitening strips.
- Whitening toothpastes usually take weeks for results.
- Sometime the high abrasive in these tooth pasted May roughen your previous dental fillings/crowns.
- Instructions must be followed.
- Usually, one is recommended not to use these tooth pasted regularly. You can only use it for couple weeks and then switch to your regular tooth paste.
Feel like whitening your teeth. Schedule your appointment and our doctors can do a consult and help you achieve your goals.