Dental Crowns in Surrey
A crown is an artificial hollow tooth that covers the portion of the tooth above the gum line. Also called cap, the restoration process restores the shape and function of the damaged or decayed teeth. The fixed tooth functions like your natural tooth. Crowns can also improve the appearance of your teeth. Crowns can be made from various types of materials. Your dentist will make recommendations based on your needs.
Types of dental crown we offer at Dentists of Chimney Heights
Metal Crowns:Metal crowns are made of gold. They are long-lasting crowns that won’t chip easily. But the appearance of the gold color does not look natural.
Composite Crowns:Composite crowns look natural and they don’t chip easily. But they wear out more easily from chewing. Brushing your teeth may cause composite crowns to stain more easily as they remove the highly polished surface of the teeth.
Porcelain Crowns:Porcelain crowns look very natural. But they are usually not placed on the back of the teeth for our surrey patients as they are more brittle than metal or composite.
Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns:Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are both natural looking and strong. They won’t chip easily. But the metals may show depending on the shape of your gums.
- You will receive local anesthetic by your dentist.
- Tooth that needs to be restored are filed down to make room for the crown.
- An impression will be taken. The crown will be built based on the impression. The crown will be the shape of your mouth.
- A temporary crown will be placed over the tooth while the final crown is being built. The temporary crown, which protects your tooth, is made from the impression of your tooth before it was filed down.
- After your final crown is ready, the Surrey dentists replace the temporary crown with the final crown. After thorough checkup with bite, shape and color, the crown will be cemented into place.
Insurance & Direct Billing
We accept all Insurance plans, and do direct billing to insurance companies. Our clients do not pay upfront for their insurance covered services. We verify their eligibility and bill insurance directly.
Dental Services for Refugees
We provide dental services for refugees under Interim Federal Health Program. Our Surrey dentists are registered with Medavie Blue Cross and provide dental services for patients covered by Interim Federal Health Program.
Healthy kids program
Healthy kids program provide basic dental treatment for children in low income families. Pacific Blue Cross is the dental insurance provider under this program. We also accept adult ministry patients.
Accepts Debit/Credit Cards
At our dental clinic we accept Debit Cards, Credit Cards, American Express, and Cash.