Benefits of dental implants over other tooth replacement options
At Dentists of Chimney Heights, we offer dental implant placement surgeries for a wide variety of situations.
- Single implant: to replace only one missing tooth.
- Multiple implants: to replace missing teeth in the same jaw or a different area.
- Implant bridge: to replace multiple missing teeth with fewer implants.
- Implant-supported dentures: a perfect solution for loose dentures.
- Immediate implant: Removing an unrestorable tooth and placing a tooth implant at one visit. You can get these one day dental implants as well.
It starts with a consultation. One of our doctors will listen to your concern and do a clinical exam. They will discuss any medical and dental problems affecting implant placement. They will evaluate and recommend an x-ray and a ct- scan. A digital 3D scan will be completed. This will help generate a digital 3D model of your teeth and gums.
Planning for implant:
Once the CT-scan is completed, both the digital and CT-scan are joined on a computer. A digital surgery is completed on a computer screen. This digital placement helps us decide the ideal size of the dental implant to be used in one’s mouth. It helps predict any problems that may be encountered during surgery. The benefit of digital planning is that it eliminates any guesswork. X-rays are two-dimensional and do not accurately show bone height, width, or density.
The technology that we use provides the best possible means to perform implant surgeries precisely and with greater predictability. The ultimate goal of successful dental implant surgery is No to minimal problems during and after surgery. Using the best possible size of the implant increases its life of the implants. The process that we use at our practice provides the best success rate for dental implants.
Dental Implant material:
We use Straumann Dental Implants. Straumann is the leading dental implant manufacturer. Innovation, materials, and technology they offer have been able to achieve a higher than 98.2% success rate over ten years after implant placement.
Follow-up and home care:
Brush your teeth twice a day.
Gloss at least once daily.
It is crucial to follow up regularly for dental visits and teeth cleaning.
A water flosser is an excellent tool for cleaning implants.
BENEFITS OF IMPLANTS
Dental Implants have already become one of the most common methods to replace missing teeth. The recent advancements with improved materials, equipment, technology, and technique have helped to achieve this level of success. We offer Dental Implants in Surrey, and they have the following advantages.
- Economical: Compared to other solutions, the overall cost of dental implants is low. The main reason is the fewer chances of implant failures and no need for replacement. Other fixed or removable solutions may need replacement over and over again.
- Comfortable: Implant teeth work similarly to natural teeth. It can be so comfortable that one shall not feel that they have an implanted tooth in their mouth.
- Long-lasting: Implants, if placed properly, have a long life. In most situations, they may last for the lifetime of the patient. They may last over 40 years.
- Comfort: There is no need for removal and wearing of implant-supported prosthesis again and again.
- Success rate: The success rate of implants that we use has a very high success rate. Multiple studies have shown a success rate of over 98.2% over 10 years after implant placement.
- Faster bone integration: The implants used at our office offer a faster Osseointegration with the bone, one of the fastest in the dental implant industry. It is supported by various independent research studies.
- No downtime: Immediate implant placement saves months of the wait for healing. The combination of our implant material, equipment, technique, and technology helps us digitally plan and provide immediate implants with predictable success. Teeth removal and implant placement can be done at the same visit.
- Best solution: Whether we are looking at replacing one tooth or multiple missing teeth, implants can be used in different combinations to replace them.
- Chewing ability: Implants work like natural teeth. Being able to use it like natural teeth improves one’s ability to eat any food. No restrictions, no limitations on food choices.